Thursday, January 22, 2009

Week in Review

I will start, at least, doing a week in review section upon what the Reds have/have not done, in that span of time.

This week I'm focusing on the lack of movement, not only on the side of the Redlegs but from other teams with needs, and there are many. One could argue all teams have some type of need.

The Reds seemed set on signing/acquiring a corner OF with some pop and have yet to do so. At this point you are looking at an opening day lineup that would include Jay Bruce, Willy Taveras and Chris Dickerson across the OF.

I'm a bit disappointed the front office has not signed anyone or traded some spare parts for someone, but I see that most teams haven't gone after guys that seemed destined, before the free-agency period, to be signed for a lot of money.

According to this, the Reds will enter spring training with what they have. I don't really know if I believe that but right now it seems about right.

No comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online