Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Reds Needs

There is lots of talk and anticipation about next year, already.

And I believe, for good reason.

For once it looks like the Reds have legitimate pitching and a core of good young players who could be great.

The rumours are abound about trading for a Holliday here, an Ordonez there or even a Roberts. That's Brian Roberts for those not in the know.

I say don't trade for any of them. You have ridden it out this far why not let the young players, who have showed promise, actually make a difference for the Reds this year, not the Rockies, Tigers or god love them, the Orioles.

I think Jocketty is working to bring in a solid outfielder but unlike previous GM's he is not going to trade Cueto, Volquez or Bruce to get said OF.

I say ride it out with Freel/Dickerson and see what you can do to get a Coco Crisp type. He would be inexpensive and great defensively in CF. Remember defense, in my opinion is why the Reds have sucked, first and foremost.

I don't think signing Derek Lowe would be a bad idea, if it was reasonable, but I assume he will go further east or stay West.

What do you think? Should the Reds make any move?

Is Dickerson legitimate? Is Homer Bailey?

I believe the educated fan always knows more than the front office realizes. Show me what you know.

No comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online